Project Manager – Implementation
Technical Source is seeking an IT Implementations Project Manager. The project manager plans, initiates, coordinates, and manages Implementations projects and installations; while providing hands-on technical support. The PM serves as liaison between client, support teams, and technical aspects of projects, as well as plans project stages and assesses business implications for each stage. The PM continually monitors progress to assure deadlines, standards, and cost targets are met.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities
The Implementations Project Managers are instrumental in ensuring projects are successful. The PMs Work closely with clients to truly understand their most effective workflow ensures client is fully aware of product capabilities, and then implements successfully.
The Project Managers also:
- Prepare for successful project by thoroughly understanding project scope, deliverables, and client needs. Work with sales order/sales personnel to fully verify sales orders prior to project start and implementation.
- Develop very close working relationship with client to fully deliver on expectations and needs.
- Initiate and update Implementation Project Plan, including objectives, scope, deliverables, budget schedules, staffing, scope, technologies, systems, and communication requirements. Include analyses of cost-benefit, expenses, budget overruns, and return on investment (ROI).
- Identify needs for project resources, manage ongoing resource allocation, assign duties, responsibilities, and spans of authority to project personnel, and direct/coordinate their activities.
- Monitor the performance of project team members, providing and documenting performance feedback.
- Identify and resolve problems, monitor project milestones and deliverables – ensure project stays on plan.
- Perform risk assessments to develop response strategies.
- Prepare project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Initiate, review, or approve modifications to project plans.
- Ensure a successful go-live by performing tests, and ensure clients are thoroughly trained and fully understand product capabilities.
- Perform remote installations of add-on components and software when needed.
- Assess current and future customer needs and priorities through communicating directly with customers, conducting surveys, or other methods.
- Continue improving implementation processes and procedures to drive efficiency, increase client satisfaction, and reduce operational costs.
- Adhere to the requirements of the company’s quality management standards and systems.
- Be the ‘go to’ person for their assigned projects, which requires regular, timely, and punctual attendance.
- Strategic planning, resource allocation, team development, leadership, and problem preempting and resolution.
- Tight control of Project Plan to coordinate and organize activities, while adjusting actions in relation to client requirements, plans, needs, and actions.
- Effectively ask questions, listen to and understand client information and ideas, listen to and understand Project Team ideas, and then communicate effectively so all understand, have buy-in, and together execute cohesive solutions
- Work with Radiologists, managers, and staff to resolve problems and conflicts within the practice.
- Act in a safe manner and ensure colleagues do not put themselves or others at risk. Safety is everyone’s responsibility.
- Other duties as assigned based on business and client needs.
Requirements & Qualifications (Education, Specialized Sills, Abilities, & Experience)
A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Medical Informatics, Information Systems and Technologies, or a related field of study and 3+ years of relevant experience in the areas of project management, employee supervision, strategic planning, technical support of software and hardware implementations, and medical environments utilizing DICOM/HL7/RIS/PACS applications; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- In-depth understanding of Medical imaging operations and process related to the use of Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS), Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine (DICOM), and their use in radiology imaging workflow to include the relationship and stance of DICOM Modalities.
- Working knowledge of Windows OS; Networking and Network Infrastructure; Security/Server Infrastructure; Workstation/Desktop Infrastructure; Web Server (IIS) and Web Security; TCP/IP and FTP protocols; SQL Server and/or Oracle.
- Knowledge and use of networking terms such as TCP/IP, UNC, FQDN, SAN/NAS, etc.
- Extensive experience troubleshooting computer networks using tools such as ping, telnet, tracert, ns lookup, etc.
- Knowledge and use of various DICOM Imaging types such as Little Endian Implicit, JPEG 2000 Lossless, etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot DICOM connections using third-party tools such as Simple Storage, DICOM Validation Toolkit
· Aggressive learner with the ability to research and dig for creative and innovative solutions in a rapidly evolving industry, and then deliver results in a poised and professional manner.
· Ability to resolve customer issues with creative solutions without affecting process, procedures and product integrity.
· Excellent deductive reasoning and troubleshooting skills.
· Ability to respond to frequent demands from multiple customers and work in a fast paced and multi-
Additional Helpful Skills
- Working knowledge and use of SQL terms such as select, where, transaction, insert, update, commit, and rollback
- Radiology Information System (RIS) and radiology workflow exposure.
- Familiarity with software applications for spreadsheets, word processing and most other computer applications software, for communication as well as altering data sets.
- Familiarity with Project Management tools such a Timelines/Gantt Charts, conference call agendas, wrap-ups. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification helpful.